Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Zanzibar - it really exists!

We went to Zanzibar for Christmas.  Yes, it's a real place, not just a place where pirates pillage and plunder.  It was awesome.  Unfortunately, I was too chilled out to register and/or compute something witty that would transport you from your icy environs to the white sand beaches stretching into crystal blue water.  Plus my fingers were too sticky from the silky smooth juicy mangoes we had at every meal and covered in curry sauces laced with locally grown cloves and cardamon.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I was definitely thinking of you all while I draped my arms over the edge of the infinity pool and had a sea salt scrub at the spa.  In fact, I even thought of you while I anguished over the dozen mosquito bites on Millie praying for a Christmas miracle that they wouldn't become malaria (they did not) or wiping away the beads of sweat pouring down my back while sleeping at night.   But then ultimately, I told myself to calm down (while dipping meaty lobster off the grill into garlic butter) that something would eventually come to me and that I should just lie back down under the palm tree, nibble on some banana chips and watch Millie be grossed out by sand (really! she hated the feeling of it on her feet).

Feast your frostbitten noses on this:

Gorgeous Arab doors in Stonetown, the "capital" of Zanzibar


Coffee every morning on our front porch

View from our front door

Yeah, it was awesome
p.s. I am having trouble uploading pictures again!  Don't know if its me or Blogger.  Annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment